New Teachers Page – Draft Akasha
Miss Eve Yu
- The Principal
I love to dance and create so I moved to Hong Kong in 2008 and opened my own dance school and company <Gravity Ballet>. Since the opening of the school it helped many aspiring young dancers realise their dream and get to be accepted into international dance universities. It conducted countless seminars with invited dancers from around the world and taking pleasures in helping all people no matter the age, gender or physical abilities. I love to give people the opportunity to enjoy dancing.
I teach and create choreography for aspiring dancers to enter competitions or train them for auditions.
– The Principal of Gravity Ballet Hong Kong
– Chairman & Artistic Director of the Ballet Edification Society of Hong Kong
– Soloist dancer, Taipei Chamber Ballet
– Instructor of GCBHK Capoeira Hong Kong
Fun Facts about me :
- I am currently a mother of two amazing boys
- I graduated my Masters degree in Dance at the Taipei Chinese Culture University. Since 2006 I have been a soloist dancer with the Taipei Chamber Ballet Company.
- In 2005 I was the choreographer of the piece <Following the Flower> with live dancers as well as multimedia aspects where I won my first place at the Taipei international Arts Association Competition.
- The product <Continued> was awarded a Gold prize at the 1st HK Challenge Cup Dance Competition in 2014
- I participated as a supernumerary cast me member in American Ballet Theatre’s production of Romeo and Juliet for the 2013 Hong Kong Arts Festival.
- I won the 2018 <Split> 6th Hong Kong Cup Competition Gold Award. As well as the 46th Open Dance Contest Gold Award.
- In 2017 the <Glow> 5th Hong Kong Challenge Cup Competition Silver Award.